V. Denesyuk, O. Barska
National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
Introduction. More than 15 million cases of AMI are recorded annually in the world, and in Ukraine in 2017 – 41.786 cases. Undoubtedly, acute coronary syndrome (ACS) manifests various complications of blood flow. At the same time, in such patients, significantly fewer works are devoted to predictors of other complications of the cardiovascular system.
The aim of the study. Write a literature review and include the results of own research on predictors of predicting cardiovascular events and other complications of the blood flow system in ACS.
Materials and methods. We used 49 published articles and our own research results on the study of predictors of predicting cardiovascular events and other complications of the blood flow system after undergoing ACS. The results of our own research are presented in a complex algorithm for predicting SCD in cardiovascular pathology, and our own criteria for cardiovascular events are given.
Results. It has been proven that an increase in the thickness of the LV wall in patients with hypertension can be associated with an almost 7-fold increase in the risk of death. In our opinion, LVH in STEMI in combination with hypertension has a negative impact on the development of cardiovascular events. The development of pathological remodeling of the LV leads to further dilatation, deformation of the walls and cavities of the heart, a progressive decrease in the inotropic function of the LV with the development of congestive heart failure. Some authors suggest prognostic predictors of the development of acute left ventricular failure. The prognostic role of endothelial dysfunction in cardiovascular events is poorly understood.
Conclusions. In recent years, predictors of the development of cardiovascular events (death, non-fatal MI, stroke, UA), as well as such complications of the blood flow system as acute left ventricular failure, progression of heart failure, development of VE 3-5 grades according to Laun have been established in patients with a transferred STEMI and UA in recent years , severe heart blocks with the occurrence of syncopal states. According to our data, clinical, ECG, and echocardiographic diagnostic criteria are predictors of cardiovascular events. The specified predictors of cardiovascular events and various complications of the blood flow system after a STEMI and UA need to be taken into account by cardiologists, emergency physicians, and family physicians in their practice and to carry out therapeutic measures aimed at preventing their occurrence in patients.
- Aker AV, Chernyaga-Royko UP, Pavlyk NS, Zharinov Predictors of the occurrence of cardiovascular events in patients with atrial flutter during long-term follow-up. Cardiac Surgery and Interventional Cardiology. 2019;3(26):30-37. (Ukrainian)
- Barska O. Cardiovascular events and late remodeling of the heart and blood vessels after acute coronary syndrome and increasing the effectiveness of preventive treatment. Vinnytsia: Edelweiss and K; 2022. 216 p. (Ukrainian)
- Bilous ZO, Abrahamovych ОO, Mazur NA, Ryabokon SA, Ilenkiv NV, Bevza NO. Acute coronary syndrome in patients with 2 type diabetes mellitus (review of literature; description of the clinical case. Lviv Clinical Bulletin. 2019;2(26)-3(27):47-62. (Ukrainian)
- Bolueva S, Bykova E, Leonova E, et al. Prognostic value of diastolic dysfunction in sudden death in patients with myocardial infarction. Cardiology. 2011;8:22- (Russian)
- Volov N, Kuzmenko O. Disrupted relationship between heart rhythm and indicators of intracardiac and central hemodynamics in patients with postinfarction cardiosclerosis and mitral insufficiency. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2010;2(82):5- (Russian)
- Hukasyan VA, Matskeplyshvili ST, Ioshina VI et al. Aspects of risk stratification in acute coronary syndrome (part I): prognostic value of left ventricular myocardium viability assessment based on echocardiography data with pharmacological load Therapeutic archive. 2012;9:22- (Russian)
- Dedov DV, Ivanov VP, Elgardt IA. The influence of electromechanical remodeling of the heart on the development of atrial fibrillation in patients with coronary heart disease and arterial hypertension. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2011;4:13-17. (Russian)
- Denesyuk V, Moroz V, Denesyuk O. Arrhythmias and dysertia block. 30-year scientific and practical experience in the study of heart rhythm disorders taking into account the recommendations of evidence-based medicine. K.: DZK Center; 2017. 559 p. (Ukrainian)
- Denesiuk OV, Denesiuk Influence of basic complex two-year therapy on indicators of late remodeling of the left ventricle and prophylaxis of the occurrence of cardiovascular events in patients after unstable angina combined with arterial hypertension. Pathologia. 2019;16(2):270-275. (Ukrainian)
- Denesyuk V, Denesyuk O. Internal Medicine. VM Kovalenko, editor. : Morion; 2019. 960 p. (Ukrainian)
- Dolgikh VT, Toropov AV, Ershov AV. Dynamics of the functional state in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2009;3(77):10- (Ukrainian)
- Kovalenko VM, Kornatskyi VM. The state of health of the people of Ukraine and tertiary level medical care: a guide. K.; 2019. 223 p. (Ukrainian)
- Kovalenko VM, Lutai MI, Sirenko YM, Sychova OS, ed. Cardiovascular diseases. Classification, standards and diagnosis of treatment. K.: Morion; 2021. 320 p. (Ukrainian)
- Kozhukhov SM, Parkhomenko OM, Lutay YaM, Kornazkiy YV. Diastolic dysfunction of the left ventricle in patients with acute myocardial infarction with preserved systolic function: predictors and influence on the hospital period course. Ukrainian Medical Journal. 2011;3(83):89-92. (Ukrainian)
- Коmorovsky RR. Prognosis of cardiac events in patients with acute coronary syndromes and concomitant involvement of carotid arteries. Ukrainian Journal of Cardiology. 2006;3:41-46. (Ukrainian)
- Korol SV. Acute coronary syndrome with ST segment elevation: the predictor of in-hospital mortality. Ukrainian Therapeutical Journal. 2016;2(49):77- (Ukrainian)
- Omelianenko M, Sukhovei N, Nazarov S, et al. Clinical significance of endothelial dysfunction in acute coronary syndrome without ST segment elevation in persons under the age of 55. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2003;4(42):36- (Russian)
- Parkhomenko O, editor. Emergency conditions in cardiovascular diseases: algorithms of diagnosis and treatment. K., 2018. (Ukrainian)
- Parkhomenko OM, Kozhukhov SM, Kornatsky YuV, Gurjeva OS. Syndrom of acute heart failure in patients with myocardial infarction and with preserved left ventricular systolic function: clinical course and prognosis. Ukrainian Journal of Cardiology. 2010;5:7-10. (Ukrainian)
- Parkhomenko OM, Stepura AO, Lutay YM, Irkin OI, Bilyi DO. Effect of early hypolipidemic therapy of different intensity on endothelial function in patients with acute myocardial infarction with ST segment elevation. Ukrainian Journal of Cardiology. 2020;6:27-38. (Ukrainian)
- Radchenko G, Sirenko Yu. Hypertrophy of the left ventricle: definition, assessment methods, possibilities of regression. Arterial hypertension. 2010;4(12):82- (Ukrainian)
- Roitman A, Tankhylevich B, Dolgov V, etc. Dynamics of laboratory markers of endothelial dysfunction in the treatment of patients with unstable angina. Clinical medicine. 2012;9:43- (Ukrainian)
- Saigitov R, Glezer M, Sementsov D et al. Prediction of hospital outcomes in acute coronary syndrome. Russian Journal of Cardiology. 2006;2(58):42-49. (Ukrainian)
- SyvolapV, Kapshytar Cardiac remodeling in the acute period of Q-myocardial infarction, complicated by acute heart failure and hyperglycemia. Pathologia. 2019;45:45-52. (Ukrainian)
- Sychov O, Romanova E, Hetman T, et al. Evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of the drug kapikor in patients with heart rhythm disorders on the background of ischemic heart disease. Arithmology. 2018;3(27):18-25. (Ukrainian)
- Fadeyenko G, Chernyshov V. Comorbid pathology affecting cardiovascular risk in post-infarction patients. Ukrainian therapeutic magazine. 2014;2(41):10–19. (Ukrainian)
- Habibulina M, Iordanidiy Y, Grishina I. et al. Comparison of dysrhythmias in women with hypertensive disease in the premenopausal period in the late fertile period with a changed hormonal background depending on the options for remodeling of the left ventricle. Cardiology. 2010;3:26- (Russian)
- Tseluyko V, Ben Salem F, Matuzok O. Risk factors for death at long-term follow-up after acute coronary syndrome in patients with atrial fibrillation. Heart & Vessels. 2019;2:56-62. (Ukrainian)
- Чернявская ТК. ИАПФ в реальной практике: неравенство равных. Врач. 2013;5:55–59. (Russian)
- Shved M, Sydorenko O, Kovbasa N. Features of clinical course of acute period of myocardial infarction in patients with atrial fibrillation and their influence on cardiac hemodynamics and prognosis. Lviv Clinical Bulletin. 2018;1(21)-2(22):8-12. (Ukrainian)
- Ehrlich A. Scale for early assessment of the risk of death and development of myocardial infarction during hospitalization of patients with acute coronary syndrome (based on data from the RECORD register). Cardiology. 2010;10:11- (Ukrainian)
- Yagensky A, Pavelko M, Sichkaruk I. Atrial fibrillation in patients after myocardial infarction: association with changes in heart structure, heart failure and age. Lviv Clinical Bulletin. 2014;4(8):15-19. (Ukrainian)
- Yakovlev V, Holofeevsky V, Sotnikov A. Risk factors for the development of recurrent myocardial infarction in young and middle-aged men. Therapeutic archive. 2010;9:13-17. (Russian)
- Amigoni M, Meris A, Thune JJ. Mitral regurgitation in myocardial infarction complicated by heart failure, left ventricular dysfunction, or both: prognostic significance and relation to ventricular size and function. Eur Heart J. 2007;28(3):326-333.
- Antman EM, Hand M, Armstrong PW. Focused update of the ACC/AHA 2004 guidelines of the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardial. 2008;51:210-247.
- Bangalore S, Messerli FH, Ou FS, Tamis-Holland J, Palazzo A, Roe MT et al. The association of admission heart rate and in-hospital cardiovascular events in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes: results from 135 164 patients in the CRUSADE quality improvement initiative. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:552-560.
- Barbiri A, Barsi F, Mantovani F. Prognostic impact of left ventricular mass seventy according to the classification proposed by the American Society of Echocardiography. European Association of Echocardiography. J. Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2011;24(12):1383-1391.
- Bologenese I, Neskovic AN, Parodi G, Cerisano G, Buonamici P, Santoro GM et al. Left ventricular remodelling after primary coronary angioplasty: patterns of left ventricular dilation and ling-term prognostic implication. Calculation. 2002;106:2351-2357.
- Cleland JGF, Torabi A, Khan NK. Epidemiology and management of heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction in the aftermath of a myocardial infarction. 2005;91(Suppl II):107-113.
- Cohn JN, Ferrari R, Sparpe N. Cardiac remodelling concepts and clinical implication: a consensual paper from an informational form on cardiac remodelling. Behalf of an international forum on cardiac remodeling. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;35:569-582.
- Engale KA, Lim MJ, Dabbous OH, Pieper KS, Goldberg RJ, Van de Werf F et al. A validated prediction model for all forms of acute coronary syndrome: estimation the risk of 6-month posidis – charge deach in an international registry. J Am Med Assoc. 2004;291;2727-2733.
- Flaherty J, Bax J, De Luca L. Acute heart failure syndromes in patients with coronary artery disease: early assessment and treatment. J Am Coll Cardiology. 2009;53:254-263.
- Frueh J, Maimari N, Homma T, Bovens SM, Pedrigi RM, Towhidi L et al. Systens biology of the functional and dysfunctional endothelium. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;99(2):334-341.
- Pfeffer MA, Lamas GA, Woughan DE. Effect of captopril on progressive ventricular dilatation after anterior myocardial infarction. New Engl J Med. 1988;319:80-85.
- Pfeffer MA, Braunwald E. Ventricular remodelling after myocardial infarction. Experimental observation and clinical implication. 1990;81:1169-1172.
- Rossi A, Dini FL, Faggiano P, Agricola E, Cicoira M, Frattini S et al. Independent prognostic value of functional mitral regurgitation in patients with heart failure: a quantitative analysis of 1256 patients with ischaemic and non – ischaemic dilated cardiomyopathy. 2011;97(20):1675-1680.
- Sartipy U, Albage A, Lindblom D. Improved health – related quality of life and functional status after surgical ventricular restoration. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83(4):1381-1387.
- Solomon SD, Skali N, Anavekar NS,Bourgoun M, Barvik S, Ghali JK et al. Changes in ventricular size and function in patients treated with valsartan, captopril, or both after myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2005;111(25):3411-3419.
- Sutton MG, Sharpe N. Left ventricular remodelling after myocardial infarction: pathophysiology and therapy and therapy. Circulation. 2000;101:2981-2988.