B. Panarin1, O. Abrahamovych2, U. Abrahamovych2, O. Fayura2, R. Ivanochko2, M. Zavadka3
1Lviv State University of Physical Culture
2Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
3Network of medical opticians «Optometrist»
Introduction. Traction in dynamic mode (kinesitraction) is a new direction protected by patents of Ukraine, which combines the procedure of traction and motor activity. Traction treatment of the spine in a dynamic mode plays an important role in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system, so it is important to understand the structure, mechanisms and features of the structures involved in these processes, including the bath developed by us.
The aim of the study. To acquaint with a design of a bath for underwater horizontal polysegmental kinesitraction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions, methods of its use.
Materials and methods. Content analysis, method of system and comparative analysis, bibliosemantic method of studying the actual scientific researches on baths’ designs for underwater horizontal polysegmental kinesitraction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions, methods of its use are used. Sources are searched in scientometric databases: PubMed, Medline, Springer, Google Scholar, Research Gate by tags: kinesitraction, musculoskeletal system, underwater horizontal treatment of the spine, traction, traction system. 22 English and Ukrainian literary sources which describe this problem were selected and analyzed. The description of the bath for underwater horizontal segmental traction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions in the dynamic mode was used (Certificate of copyright registration for a scientific work N 99985, 25.10.2020).
Results. The designed by us bath for underwater polysegmental kinesitraction treatment of lesions of the spine and lower extremities (Certificate of registration of copyright to a scientific work N 99985, 2020) is intended for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, internal organs, disorders of vital systems in the aquatic environment by exposure to dosed motor and traction loads. The design includes a water bath, armrests, handles, footrest, racks, cervical block system, chest block system, lumbar block system, head restraint belt, chest strap, pelvic girdle, shin strap, cable, load. Using a bath it is possible to carry out tractions of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine, their combinations, lower extremities, or total provide the traction.
Conclusions. Traction treatment of the spine in a dynamic mode plays an important role in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system, being more effective than static. The understanding of the structure, methods and features of the structures involved in these processes, including our developed baths for underwater horizontal polysegmental hydrokinesitraction treatment of lesions of the spine and lower extremities, based on the correction of disorders of the nervous, musculoskeletal systems caused by morphological, biochemical, physiological mechanisms of stimulation of the functions of vital systems, regeneration processes, and the proposed methods of their use is an important component of effective treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- Epifanov VA, Epifanov AV. Rehabilitation treatment for diseases and injuries of the spine. Moscow: MEDpress-inform; 2008. 384 p. (Russian)
- Kaptelin AF. Hydrokinesis therapy in orthopedics and traumatology. Moscow: Medicine; 1986. 222 p. (Russian)
- Kaptelin AF, Lebedevv IP. Exercise therapy in the system of medical rehabilitation. Moscow: Medicine; 2016. 98 p. (Russian)
- Kozyavkin VI. Kozyavkin’s method – a system of intensive neurophysiological rehabilitation. Rehabilitation manual. Lviv: Design Studio “Papuga”; 2011. 240 p. (Ukrainian)
- Loboda MV, ed. Methodical recommendations on sanatorium treatment. K.: Tamed; 1998. 672 p. (Ukrainian)
- Lyashenko VI, Rebenchuk OV, Lyashenko VA. Methodical bases of hydrokinesiotherapy in rehabilitation practice: methodical manual for practical rehabilitologists and parents of children with disabilities. Mykolaiv; 2008. 28 p. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin BH, Abrahamovych OO. Bath for underwater horizontal post-segmental traction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions in the dynamic mode. Certificate of copyright registration for a scientific work N 99985. 2020 Oct 25. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin BH. Extraction and correction of the spine in dynamic mode. International Congress. Informatization of recreational and tourist activities in Ukraine: Prospects for cultural and economic development. Truskavets; 2003. P. 208-210. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin BH. Recovery and rehabilitation of patients with cerebral palsy with the help of exercises in water with a dosed load. International Congress. Problems of informatization of recreational and tourist activities in Ukraine: prospects for cultural and economic development. Truskavets; 2000. P. 258. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin BH, inventor. Device for underwater horizontal traction of the spine in dynamic mode. Patent of Ukraine N 2002 Aug 15. (Ukrainian)
- Popadyukha YA. Modern technical means of the program of preventive physical rehabilitation of injuries of the lumbar spine in rhythmic gymnastics athletes. Modern Health-Saving Technologies: a Quarterly Scientific and Practical Journal. 2017;3:111-114. (Russian)
- Popadyukha YuA. Modern complexes, systems and devices in rehabilitation technologies: textbook. K.: Center for Educational Literature; 2018. 656 p. (Ukrainian)
- Popadyukha YuA. Modern computerized complexes and systems in the technologies of physical rehabilitation: textbook. K.: Center for Educational Literature; 2017. 300 p. (Ukrainian)
- Porada AM, Solodovnyk OV, Prokopchuk NO. Basics of physical rehabilitation. K.: Medicine; 2008. 101 p. (Ukrainian)
- Taran IV. Hydrokinesiotherapy in the complex of physical rehabilitation of children 3-5 years old with cerebral palsy of spastic form. Materials of IV All-Ukrainian scientific method conf. Theoretical and methodological problems of physical rehabilitation. Kherson, 2012. P. 106-116. (Ukrainian)
- Shapovalova VA, Korshak VM, Khaltagarova VM, Shimelis IV, Goncharenko LI. Sports medicine and physical rehabilitation: textbook. K.: Medicine; 2008. 246 p. (Ukrainian)
- Falkel JE, Murphy TC, Malone TR. Sports Injury Management: Shoulder Injuries (Sports Injury Management). Williams & Wilkins; 1988;1(2). 142 p.
- Komi PV. Physiological and biomechanical correlates of muscle function. Effects of muscle structure and stretch – cycle on force and speed. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews. 1984;12:81-121. https://doi.org/10.1249/00003677-198401000-00006
- Lanyon LE. Functional strain in bone tissue as an objective and controlling stimulus for adaptive bone remodeling. J Biomech. 1987;20(11-12):1083-1093. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(87)90026-1
- Rutherford OM, Jones DA. The role of leaning and coordination in strength training. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1986;55(1):100-105. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00422902
- Rutherford OM, Jones DA, Newham DJ. Clinical and experimental application of the percutaneous twitch superimposition on technique for the study of human muscle activation. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1986;49(11):1288-1291. https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.49.11.1288
- Stone MH. Connective tissue and bone response to strength training. In: Strength and Power Training in Sport. Komi PV, edit. Oxford, United Kingdom: Blackwell Scientific Publications; 1992. P. 279-290.