B. Panarin1, O. Abrahamovych2, O. Fayura2, O. Burii3, O. Yatskevych2
1Ivan Boberskyj Lviv State University of Physical Culture
2Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
33rd dental polyclinic, Lviv
Introduction. Timely unloading of the spine, decompression of the intervertebral discs, posture correction allow to prevent spine disorders with subsequent violations of central nervous system сonnections with its target organs and their invalidization.
The aim of the study. To present the design of the traction chair for the spinal injuries prevention.
Materials and methods. Content analysis, systematic and comparative analysis, the bibliosemantic method of studying current trends in the constructions of traction chair for the prevention of spinal injuries, as well as methods of its application were used. Sources were searched in scientometric information databases: PubMed, Medline, Springer, Google Scholar, Research Gate by the keywords: kinesotraction, musculoskeletal system, traction chair. 11 papers in English and Ukrainian that cover this problem were selected and analyzed. The design of the traction chair for the prevention of spinal injuries is described.
Results. The design of the traction chair includes: the chair itself, seat installed on the guides (with the possibility of movement in the vertical plane and fixation in the upper position), supports for the shoulder belt of the upper limbs, fixed on a movable back, which is installed on the guides, a traction headrest, racks, blocks, cable, load.
The described construction is used as follows. The patient is placed on the seat, installed on the guides, fixed in the upper position, places the shoulder belt of the upper limbs on the supports, fixed on the movable backrest, which is installed on the guides and connected by a cable-block system with a load, fixed on a rack, places a traction headrest on the head, connected by a cable-block system with a load, releases the seat from fixation, which under the action of the mass the patient’s body is lowered along the guides. Cargo, connected by a cable-block system, fixed on a rack with a movable back and cargo, connected to a traction headrest, the top rises, creating a traction force that is applied to the thoracic and cervical parts of the spine, after which the patient rests his hands and feet on the supports, moves to the top position and the cycle repeats
Stretching can be carried out of separately and at the same time of specified sections of the spine, as well as all sections in a static mode, provided that the hips are fixed with a belt to the chair in a sitting position.
Cyclical changes in the stretching force with certain dynamics allow the mechanical development of spinal segments, increase their mobility, and stimulate the peripheral nervous system of the stretching zones.
Conclusions. Presented construction of the traction chair and its application, directed towards correction of nervous and musculoskeletal systems disorders is an important component of the effective prevention of spinal-related diseases.
- Panarin B, Abrahamovych O, Abrahamovych U, Fayura O, Ivanochko R, Zavadka M. Bath for underwater horizontal polysegmental kinesitraction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions, methods of its use. Lviv Clinical Bulletin. 2021;3(35)-4(36):58-64. (Ukrainian).
- Panarin BG, Abrahamovych OO. Traction Chair for the Prevention of Spinal Injuries. Certificate of copyright registration for a scientific work N114601, 2022 September 1. (Ukrainian).
- Panarin BG, Abrahamovych OO. Traction Headrest for Stretching the Cervical Spine. Certificate of copyright registration for scientific work N1 14602, 22 September 1. (Ukrainian).
- Panarin ВH, Abrahamovych ОО. Bath for underwater horizontal post-segmental traction treatment of the spine and lower extremities lesions in the dynamic mode. Certificate of copyright registration for a scientific work N 99985. 2020 Oct 25. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin ВН. Extraction and correction of the spine in dynamic mode. International Congress. Informatization of recreational and tourist activities in Ukraine: prospects for cultural and economic development. Truskavets; 2003:208-210. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin ВН. Recovery and rehabilitation of patients with cerebral palsy with the help of exercises in water with a dosed load. International Congress. Problems of informatization of recreational and tourist activities in Ukraine: prospects for cultural and economic development. Truskavets; 2000. Р .258. (Ukrainian)
- Panarin ВН, Device for underwater horizontal traction of the spine in dynamic mode. Patent of Ukraine N 48297. 2002 Aug 15. (Ukrainian)
- Falkel JE, Murphy TC, Malone TR. Spoils Injury Management: Shoulder Injuries (Sports Injury Management). Williams & Wilkins; 1988;1(2). 142 p.
- Komi PV. Physiological and biomechanical correlates of muscle function. Effects of muscle structure and stretch – cycle on force and speed. Exercise and Spoil Sciences Reviews. 1984;12:81-121.
- Lanyon LE. Functional strain in bone tissue as an objective and controlling stimulus for adaptive bone remodeling. J Biomech. 1987;20(11-12):1083-1093.
- Stone MH. Connective tissue and bone response to strength training. In: Strength and Power Training in Sport. Komi PV, edit. Oxford, United Kingdom: Blackwell Scientific Publications; 1992. Р. 279-290.